Tuesday, February 4, 2014

(4) The adventures of TinTin 틴틴의 모험



         Even though familiar TinTin is a popular series that most people know, I never knew it was a comic series until now. The 2011 movie poster is probably the first TinTin that I was introduced (even though I didn’t watch the movie).
         My first impression of TinTin was that each of the main characters is well designed. I was especially impressed when Snowy started talking and wondered if that was his special talent. As I kept on reading, I realized that his thought is only shared between him and his audience. I also really loved the balance between TinTin and Captain Haddock. While TinTin was being heroic and observing the situation, Captain Haddock brings out the humor by staying in his sarcastic, hardboiled manner. I think the combination of this two distinctive characters and cute little white dog makes an ideal team.
         I also loved the fact that this comic series is based on adventures around the world. The audience can be introduced to many different locations, cultures, and situations just by enjoying this book. Thinking that “Popeye”, another famous comic series, was mostly based on everyday life style, I personally prefer “The Adventure of TinTin” series more for its variety of events. I really thought this series was attractive with its contents and main character.
         Just by seeing the good side of TinTin series, it seems like a very entertaining comic series with some educational aspects of traveling around the world and learning different cultures. I was able to sense slight of racial stereotype and white supremacy in some books, but it wasn’t too bad. I enjoyed reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment