Tuesday, February 25, 2014

(6) Whiteman 화이트맨


        I would call this work “the most disturbing comic that I have ever read in my life”. The overall story was so disturbing to the point that I skipped a lot of parts of it. The story is… about a man who went camping and somehow had sex with a hairy yeti woman. I was very shocked to see the actual sex scene of the main character and the yeti. There was no hiding of private parts, and there was no question whatsoever for treating a scandalous subject. What should I call this: Zoophile? Bestiality? I usually appreciate any type of art form, but I didn’t know what to say about this genre of comic book. It raised so much question of why would somebody create this kind of work…for sexual arousal or just to make the audience uncomfortable…?
         Personally, I couldn’t find any attractive part of this book. I appreciate it as a genre, but that doesn’t mean that I should be okay with reading this kind of work. May be I just chose the worst type of underground comics to read? I hope that not all underground comics are dealing with this kind of disturbing fetish. I never expected myself to be this shocked to read this genre comic book because I personally thought I’m used to underground stuff. By reading “Whiteman”, I was able to learn that some works go beyond the expectation in either a good way or a bad way. I do not understand this type of culture, and I really need an explanation of it. I feel like I have read a wrong example of a creativity in its extreme.

JUST HOW AND WHY!?


No comments:

Post a Comment