Sunday, April 27, 2014

(15) Watchmen 왓치맨


       I don't actually enjoy reading graphic novel with Super heroes. First reason is because the main characters are too over-powering, second reason is because there are already too many of graphic novels about super Hero out there, and the third reason is because most of the stories are too similar to one another. I used to love them when I was a child. Now, I am just tired of reading them.

      "Watchmen" asks the audience if super hero truly exists. This graphic novel talks about the world that is too complicated to be divided into good and evil,or right and wrong. The super heroes and "Watchmen" are not saving the world as they are suppose to. Heroes are forced to retire, one of the Heroes got murdered, and also there are some ethical problem with some of the heroes. Sadly it is difficult to tell who is the true super hero and who is the true villain. "Watchmen" makes super heroes into regular, normal people who are just wearing fancy uniforms. They have secrets and miserable pasts.

      The target audience of this graphic novel are not children but adults. Unlike children who admire heroes, adult audience questions what is good or bad. they don't believe what they see right away, because they know that there will be something more behind every event. After Reading "Watchmen", I feel like I have grown out of child audience and become an adult audience. Now I can not admire super heroes based on how they look outward, but rather feel suspicious about what they are hiding inward.

No comments:

Post a Comment